Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 issue - Registered marriage against parents wish under Special Marriage Act 1954

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 issue - Registered marriage against parents wish under Special Marriage Act 1954

I am an Indian citizen living in USA on H1B visa for 3 years 9 months. My girlfriend is in Delhi, India. I need to marry her and get her to USA. Our parents are against this marriage so we need to get married in court under Special Marriage Act 1954 (India). So we will not do any rituals or traditional stuff at all, but simply do the marriage before the officer in the Court. But we will not have enough photos or wedding invitations etc to show during the H4 interview.

Problems/Questions:

1. What if visa interviewer asked for photos with rituals or wedding invitation as done usually in Hindu marriages?
    2. This marriage may look **** and interviewer may think that the girl married to guy only to go to USA and get settled there (potential immigrant).
    3. Is it a case when they can reject H4 visa completely and you are left with no option ?

Please advise urgently, any response is appreciated.

Thanks.

Dude, don't worry about things you have zero control over. You literally have no options or different paths to take. There's no strategy to employ, no angle. You're going to marry her, regardless if she gets her H-4 visa. I don't even think the consular officer will be particularly suspicious. Every Indian H visa holder gets married and brings their spouse back with them. You could have chosen anyone to be your spouse, and that's the spouse you've chosen. H visas applicants allowed to have immigrant intent. Whomever you marry would get to live in the United States as your derivative. I don't imagine consular officers care who you marry. In fact, if they grew up in the United States, they consider the concept of getting parents permission to wed comically archaic. Your marriage to some girl you like fits exactly into their picture of what a marriage is. If you want photos, go sightseeing or on a pre-honeymoon vacation and take lotsa photos

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X