Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Visa under "Administrative Processing" (Paid Reciprocity Fee)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa under "Administrative Processing" (Paid Reciprocity Fee)

Hello All,

I'm on a very odd situation, on July 13th 2017 I applied for an H1B Visa in Rio de Janeiro but got my request denied because I had 9 days left to fulfill the 212(e) requirement.
    Today (JuIy 24th 2017) I applied once again for the H1B Visa but in São Paulo. Everything seemed to be going smoothly, I was even asked to pay the reciprocity fee - which is only charged upon visa approval as stated in the US Department of State website.

"WHAT IS RECIPROCITY?

Nonimmigrant visa applicants from certain countries*/areas of authority may be required to pay a visa issuance fee after their application is approved. These fees are based on the principle of reciprocity: when a foreign government imposes fees on U.S. citizens for certain types of visas, the United States will impose a reciprocal fee on citizens of that country*/area of authority for similar types of visas."

However, when I came back form the cashier I was told that there had happened a problem because I had not mentioned my previous denial (which was stated on my DS-160) and that they would need 2 - 3 extra weeks (not sure what for). Now when I check my DS-160 status it says "Administrative Processing".

My questions are:

1) Is there a chance I get my Visa denied?
    2) Any chance I get my passport back prior to 2 weeks? I had previously bought plain tickets for August 5th.
    3) And out of curiosity, why exactly do they need extra time/go through Administrative Processing?

Thanks in advance!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X