H1B - Project Contract - SOW and Change Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B - Project Contract - SOW and Change Order

Hi Experts, my I-94 has expired on Jun 29, 2017 and I applied for H1B extension 1.5 months prior to the expiry of I-94. My case has received an RFE on Sep 01, 2017 asking to provide End-Client Letter and Right-of-Control certificate. My employer has asked me to share the recent project contract details like SOW, Change Order etc along with the End-Client letter and Right-of-control. Now my current project is getting over by Oct 27, 2017 means I have only 1.5 months left on the project contract. My employer is forcing me to repatriate saying that when the approval will come, it will be approved till Oct 27, 2017 and by that time it will be a backdate already and I will be out of status.
    My question is is it a hard and fast rule that while filing petition the requested extension has to match exactly with the SOW/Change Order end date? If not, I can challenge my employer to put some more additional months to extension so that I have enough time to get a new project and file a new amendment.
    Please note, when they sent me the dependent signature copy the extension end date was mentioned as June, 2019 and many of my colleagues had received extension well beyond the project contract end date.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X