H1 to B2 with pending RFE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to B2 with pending RFE

I have completed 11 years in H1 with I-140 approved. H1 and I-94 expiring on 20th Oct, 2017.

Applied H1B extension in Aug 2017 and received RFE mid Sep 2017. My employer is working on the response.

In order to maintain my status, Can I file COS to B2 before 20th Oct incase H1 gets denied after RFE ? The reason being, I need little more time in US to settle down things before I leave to India rather than 30 days notice with H1 denial.

If Yes, I would appreciate if you could please clarify the below questions -

1) COS B2(Pending) --> H1 (RFE still pending) --> Can I still continue to work in US?
    2) COS B2(Pending) --> H1 (Denied) --> What is my status? Can I still be in US waiting for B2 getting approved?
    3) COS B2(Approved) --> H1 (RFE still pending) --> I will stop working immediately.
    4) COS B2(Pending) --> H1 (Approved) --> Is there any issue with continuing with my H1 after approval and can I withdraw by B2 pending application?
    5) COS B2(Approved First) --> H1 (Approved Second) --> Is consular visa processing best to reinstate my H1?
    6) If COS B2 gets denied while my H1 is still pending, Will it have any effect on pending H1 approval?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X