Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g issued to my spouse who is in H4 Visa and i am changing the employer

Hi,

My wife attended the H4 Visa interview in New Delhi and got 221(g) white slip where it has been asked to sent some additional documents over an email like her (Resume, research work etc.) which has already been sent and will take 4-6 weeks to take a decision.Her Passport is with consulate.

Now the current situation is i am changing a new job and my new employer already started my H1B portability process(case filed to USCIS), based on that i need some suggestions:

1 If i resigned from my current employer after getting the new receipt of my H1B portability request and my current employer withdraw my H1B then what will happen to my wife's H4 visa (pending for stamp with consulate) .

2. and what if my current employer does not withdraw my H1B after my resignation.

3. If my new employer petition gets approved while my wife's H4 visa is still in pending mode then once embassy reopen her case and decide to give her the Visa (which employer stamp will be print on her passport, current Or new employer ?)

4. Last, should i wait until my wife Visa is not issued with my current employer and then only i resign?

Please provide your opinions and other information relevant for my current situation.

Thanks.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X