Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 to H1 COS in Canada/Mexico?Bahamas/India ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 COS in Canada/Mexico?Bahamas/India ?

Hi There,

I moved to US in Feb 2015 on H4 Visa and applied for H1B, lottery picked and received COS I-94 with I-797 valid till 09/2018 and started working from then as a consultant/contractor in multiple assignments. In this period, i hadn't traveled out of US. And now (last week)i changed my current employer who is holding my H1B to new one.
    Now i am planning to get Visa stamping and looking for a best way to get done (best way here refers to less travel time and low risk). When i did some study on this site and online, i found some interesting points:
    A.You cannot go to Mexico for first time H1B visa stamping or any kind of Change of Status. You can only go to Mexico for renewals only.
    B.It is risky in Canada if you do not have US education or experience in US as they clearly mention on consulate site of Canada.
    C.From some notes, contacted Bahamas US Embassy, they do only renewals, no first time Visa changes
    D.It is much easy to verify your education certificates, work related certificates etc if you have from your home country.

Does anyone has same/similar experience, if do please share you experience !!
    Seniors, need your suggestions from the above and let me know if i am missing any key info/points.

Appreciate your time and efforts.

Thanks,
    Sri

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X