Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel on H1 B -Employer changed

Hi Guys ,

I am in US on H1 b with my wife on H4 visa. I switched my company in September 2017 . I have valid visa stamped with old employer till Jun 2018 . Also,my H1 transfer is in progress . Below are the questions i have .

1. I have to travel to India in Feb 2018 ,will i need to get stamping done again for new employer or i would just need the Approved I-797 of new employer . If Yes, is it worth taking the risks considering current problems for stamping ?. If No, what all documents will i need to carry and while entering the country if the officer asks which company do you work for , what should i say as my current employer is different from the one of stamped visa .

2. If my wife travels alone in Jan 2018 , will she need stamping or can she enter on approved visa of previous employer .

3. Is there some minimum period i should i have on my approved visa before entering US again after travel to India ?

4. Currently my H1-B transfer is in progress and since my h1-b visa is till June 2018 , the lawyer said they would file and extension by early next year. Is it possible to combine H1 transfer and extension so that i get approved extended visa rather than waiting for transfer to get done and then apply for extension ?

Thanks
    Nikhil K

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X