X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Extension RFE - H1 Transfer - India Travel

Hi All,

Here is my detailed scenario. Please help me out with your answers

1. H1 Visa with current employer (Company A) was valid till Oct 2017. I-94 got expired on Oct 23 2017.
    2. Company A filed extension in July 2017. Got RFE in Sep 2017.
    3. Company A replied to the RFE on Dec 20 2017 and current status is "Response to USCIS Request For Evidence Was Received"
    4. Current status: I'm still working as my current H1 extension RFE decision is still in progress.

Now,
    4. Can I transfer my H1 to another employer (Say Company B)?
    Heard that, since my I-94 is expired, Company B won't be able to transfer my H1 as the chances of getting RFE/Denial will be higher for Company B's H1 transfer petition.
    Is that true? Is it just the H1 transfer after I-94 expiry will be having higher chances of RFE again/ Denial OR H1 transfer after I-94 expiry is not valid scenario at all?

5. If answer to point# 4 is not true, i.e., I can transfer my H1 to another employer even after my H1 transfer is expired
    If H1 transfer (H1 petition with Company B) gets approved, then later if company A's RFE response come out as DENIAL, then will my H1 with company B becomes invalid?

Note: Seen in some posts, stating that, we call above scenario as "H1 Bridging" and all previous petitions needs to get approved to start work with new employer. Is it right?

6. If answer to point# 5 is YES, i,e., If it becomes invalid, then do I need to go back to country of origin and come back with stamping using approved H1 copy of company B? Can I do this or Do I need to find another company C and go for stamping interview ?

7. If company B's H1 transfer petition gets APPROVED and also company A's extension RFE gets APPROVED, then if I travel to my country of origin... Do I need to go through stamping interview process and get it stamped showing the new company B's approved H1 copy?
    I'm guessing answer is YES, for this point #7

Please help me out with your answers.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X