221g in London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g in London

I had my interview at the London Embassy 1.5 months back and I haven't heard anything from them. I am a Gujju from Mumbai, currently working for a top american bank here after completing my Master's in Finance from UK. My case is held in administrative process as well.

Back in 2003, my student F1 visas were denied twice because of which I came to UK to study my Masters. Those were bad days for students!!
    If you know what I mean.

Now, fortunately I got this job as a Business Analyst for a small NJ-based desi-consulting firm and I'll be working for their clients.(On various projects -mostly for MNC's)

The visa officer was content with my qualifications, but, she said they want to do some additional research on my company. They took all my documents like: Original I-797, LCA copy, 129l, Contract copies between my employer and their clients, Appointment letter, CV, Finger prints, etc., except my passport.

So far, I havent heard anything from them, even the letter 221g says, don't phone or email, just wait and watch.

I don't know how long such checks takes. Maybe 6-9 months in some cases. I believe its total luck, case-by-case. Sadly, there's no fix procedure or time-frame. And also once my case was flagged in Mumbai by denying my F1 visa they would always be skeptical on any future applications.

There are many innocent candidates like me who have to endlessly wait for reasons beyond control. Luckily, from the looks of it, it doesn't seem to be a security check on my name, just an employer check.

I consider this as a test phase of my life, as it can only teach you to be tougher. As my dad always says, "God is Great"

I am not sure what happens next. Have they forwarded my file back to the Service Center in Vermont, to re-validate my employers's credentials?
    If so, can my employer or his attorney do anything to speeden up this process in Vermont?

I am not sure about everyone, but I had to wait for exactly six months to get an approval from USCIS. Another one month for my employer to prepare my papers for the interview. I am not sure how long I have to wait for Admin Process. I saw somewhere that Chennai consulate has a Url: to check the status online. Unfortunately, London Embassy doesn't.

Is anyone in the UK stuck like me? Anyone who applied from London and got 221g but was later issued a visa? Roughly how long all this takes?
    Any suggestions or feedback, please email me to:
    [email protected]

Many Thanks and Regards,
    Surfking

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X