H1 picked, STEM applied (pending), Changed employer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 picked, STEM applied (pending), Changed employer

I need some help regarding the H1B petition and STEM OPT. I used to work for a full time with employer A till April, 2017 end of month who filed my H1B and due to organization restructure and that they are not willing to sign my STEM OPT I have left the job and started working with another employer B who is willing to do my H1B transfer & file new petition if required. Now My initial OPT is valid till July 2018, and I have applied for STEM OPT ( JUly 2018 - july 2020) as off MAY, 2018 and is still in processing. My H1B got selected and is still in processing.

Now as I have changed employment what should I need to do with H1B?

I have updated the DSO about the change of employment and applied STEM OPT with new employer.
    Now if I wait for H1 approval, if without RFE get approved can I transfer it?
    Do I need to ask my employer A to withdraw my H1 petition as it is COS and there is chance for me to loose my STEM OPT? or would you suggest me to wait for H1 approval?
    If I do not get any update until August (60days to October) should I immediately reach my previous employer to withdraw my petition as there is problem with loosing my STEM OPT?
    what is right thing to do now, please help

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X