Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it advisable to work from home for a few months, and then file for H1 amendment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it advisable to work from home for a few months, and then file for H1 amendment

I started working for a large employer based out of city X in Sep 2017, while my home address (city Y) was 200 miles North of city X. I was hoping to relocate eventually, long term, in 3-4 months to city X, and hence did not request an amendment to add my home address as a primary location. Its been more than 8 months since I started working and have been unable to move to city X yet. I worked remotely from city Y for 1.5 months in 2017, and about 5 months in 2018. I work from home 4 days, and commute one day each week.

I reached out to my manager/employer and they're willing to file an H1-B amendment with the city Y, home address as my primary work location going forward. The questions I have are in regards to the risk of the amendment being approved.

When was the employer supposed to relocate or file the amendment? Is the 60 day cutoff a hard limit?

Even though I commute once a day to the office every week, will I still have any issues?

Is working from home a good idea on an H1B for the long term, even with an amendment?
    Last edited by twinkly; 06-25-2018, 10:11 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X