Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a work visa after filling I-407

Hi,
    I've been a Permanent resident for 2 years thru marriage. Before It's expired I was suppose to file to remove condition.
    But before it expired we decided to get divorced and I moved back to my country, it was a real marriage it just didn't worked out and I did't wanted to stay with him because of the papers.
    Before my card expired I filed I-407( record of abandonment of lawful resident status) by mail. I have read that if I'm thinking of visiting the Us in the future or re applying for an other visa it's better to give it up because it would mean a clean start. I really hope that is true..

My previous employer from US have offered me my old position and offered me to get the work visa for me, (I'm guessing I will fall into the H-2B temporary non-agricultural worker category) they really liked the way I worked and it's really hard for them to get a good employee.

So I have sent in my card almost a month ago, should I wait until it get's processed and than start applying for a new one? I did't know that I had this opportunity with my employer before and since that was a marriage base visa and I'm applying with an other category I hope I did't made a mistake by abandoning my residence.
    Does anyone have experience with this and could give me some advice?
    Thank you!
    Last edited by dalma; 07-17-2018, 10:58 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X