Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Blue Slip -221(g)

hello all,

I travelled to India with little over 4 months left for my 6 year H1b term to expire , and with my employer yet

to file for my PERM - GC. My visa interview got cancelled as I could not make it in time due a flight delay (

inbound into India) . My next interview date I got was a month away. i work on a emplyer-vendor-client model.

On the interview date the VO checked the client letter , vendor letter and employer letter and was concerned

that the client letter did not have the client logo or letterhead.I said client now provides client letters

only through their immigration agency. I was asked to provide W2s of past 2 years, LCA ( I 129) , I -797 and

made to wait for over an hour. Then the passport was returned and the blue slip 221g was handed with no

documents asked ,saying your visa application has been refused for administrative processing . The average wait

time for a decision to come on the 221g is ranging from 10 days to a few months.My applicaiton for GC-PERM was

filed on Jul 19th , my H1b expiration is on Oct 23rd. If I wait for my 221g to be cleared and for the H1b to be

approved , then I might go out of status by the time this decision comes through( if the decision comes after

Oct 23rd). If the Perm approval does not come through by Oct 23rd , then my H1b extension cannot be applied

for. My wife got her Visa stamped till Nov 2020 . She is beyond the I-140 stage of her GC processing . what

would be the best option for me to travel back to US and start working as soon as possible. I have 2 kids ,in

the US , and my wife is supporting them single handedly.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X