Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel on f2 after getting h1 stamped

Background and Situation:

My future employer ( staffing consultancy) received an approved H1b (2019 quota, filed on my behalf) from USCIS and received the I797. Now the stamping is due. I am currently outside USA and have a F2 visa (husband is on F1 OPT). Due to some personal medical reasons, I will not be able to immediately start working in the US, but plan to come back to work force in 2020; and thus, at the least, wish to get H1b stamped, which I can utilize later with same or new employer under CAP-exempt category; My employer will not wait until 2020 and thus I want to have H1b stamped now and utilize this in 2020 (as COS from F2 to H1B) by some other employer.

1. If I get H1b stamped now, will my F2 be revoked?

2. If NO to #1, can I enter USA on F2 status while also having a H1b (Note that I do not intend to work immediately, but later in 2020)? Do I get to choose which visa I want to enter on at the port of entry ?

3. What is the best suggestion in this case to have the H1b option open ( to be utilized in 2020), but remove the dependency from the employer who currently owns my peition/h1b ? What documents should I acquire from the employer so that I can use this H1b later with another employer ?

Appreciate anyone's time who is reading/responding to this query.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X