Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help to transfer from F1 to H1

Hi! here is my case.

I hope, I can get some advise and guidance on this who, can sort out my issue, bcos I have an interesting unique situation from others and need to sort out this before its too late for me to do anything.

I have filed for my H-1 visa in May 2006 from INDIA through an employer for the fiscal year starting Oct 1st 2006, I've received the receipt number in july and got my H1 approved on Sept 14th. Since I wasn't sure of getting my H1 visa approved at the US consulate in INDIA , I went to the US consulate for an F1 visa and fortunately I got it . Now I am in US under the F1 VISA doing 1 yr MBA SPECIALIZATION not a degree but a certification course, and am planning to complete my course in MAY 2007, and by this time, if my H1 gets approved what would i need to do,

At the moment since my H1 has already been approved. the questions I have are

1.Can i be on F1 till MAY 07 even after getting my H1 approved, Would there be any complications arising out of this for the time being. More over my h1 has been approved on the basis that i have applied from india. All my address details are of india

2. What do i need to do if i want to convert from F1 TO H1 after MAY Is there any procedures that I need to follow

3. How long will this process take for completion

4. Do i need to go back to my home country to get my visa stamped, or can i do that staying in US or going to canada or mexico would solve my problem.

I have no clue about what to do, and how to go about . Would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X