Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 797 Duplicate Approval Notice

Hi,
    I am stuck in between INS and attorney regarding the I-797 notice of action and relevant H1B documents.

First on approval of petition last august 06, INS said they have sent the papers to attorney's office and attorney said they never received the paper. So after all the discussion, attorney said they will put the request to get duplicate papers using form I-824 (I guess), which they did.

This July INS has action this request as well and even after 30 days attorney has still not received the duplicate I-797 and the other supporting documents.

The strange thing is both the times, attorney has received the I-797C (the courtesy copy - for original approval notice and duplicate approval notice).

Now, my stamping is scheduled for September second week and I still don’t have any documents related to H1B. This time if they will put another request of I 824 to get duplicates, it will take another 6 months.

Has anyone ever faced situation like this? Can someone share their experience and guide me how to proceed forward with this issue.

Any help on this will be a light in the dark. Many thanks in advance.........

-M

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X