Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help! F1 -> (B1 and H1).

Hi

I am very tensed and in this situation and require urgent suggestions. For heaven's sake please guide me.

Background:
    I went on F1 and returned back immediately (within 2 months) because of family emergency (fathers health condition) and took up a job in Chennai. Now, my present chennai employer is insisting on applying for B1 visa now and wants me to travel during June 2008. I had accepted an offer with an US employer who has applied for my H1B, for 2009 Cap.

Questions:
    1. As I returned back from US with an F1 (discontinuing my masters because of parents health condition) will this have a impact on B1/H1B? Because of coming back from US discontinuing my studies, will this have any impact on B1/h1? (Please note that i have maintained status and kept my university people informed about my problem before my return)

2. I am planning to attend the B1 visa interview during mid may 2008. If I am selected in the lottery for H1, will this have any issues on my B1 based?

3. When I appear for B1 visa (during May 2008) and will the consulate know about my H1 application, irrespective to whether it was selected in lottery or otherwise?

4. How can I request my US employer to cancel / withdraw my H1B application? Will the amount for the application get refunded by USCIS? What are the other things to be considered while requesting a cancellation / withdrawal?

Please provide your valuable guidance, this would make a real difference for me and I would sincerely appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

1. No
    2. No
    3. No. Even if they did, it is not a big deal. It will not impact the outcome of B1. You are even allowed to have B1/H1 valid visa at the same time on your passport.
    4. You cannot, employer has to. I see no reason to do so. Why are you bothered about the fees. Most of the H1b fee has to be paid by the employer as per the law. Once the money enters the US Treasury, no refunds are allwed.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks txh1b

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X