H2B visa from UK/Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H2B visa from UK/Ireland

II am currently planning an around the world trip. Going to Thailand – Japan – Oz – South America and then finally north America. This will be for at least a year (longer if possible). I plan to work in Australia for a couple of months. And would love to work in the states at the end of my trip when i get there. It will be the USA’s summer 2010 and i would hope to get an seasonal job and apply for a H2B Visa. I’ve only starting looking at Visa options now, and am slightly worried because I’ve read somewhere that you can only apply 6 months in advance. And by that stage I will have my flights pre arranged. (hoping to do so by June 2009 and leave the UK in NOV 09) If i don’t get the Visa It will be too late to change anything and I will be stuck in the states for months without a visa or job. Has anyone had a H2B visa before? How hard is it to get one? Is the 6 month’s in advance info correct? And how easy is it to get a job on the visa? Any advice/past experiences much appreciated. Thanks!! Oh and I’m from Northern Ireland so have dual citizenship to a UK and Ireland passport

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X