Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input Needed - New H1B stamping in Canada after landing in Canada for PR

Hello,
    I am from India. I have recently been picked in the H1b lottery as well have got a PR in Canada.

The last date for me to enter Canada to complete my PR landing is early August - this will most likely be before I get my final H1 decision and subsequent interview.

While I have the option of going to Canada and then coming back to India for any H1b interview, I would like to avoid this.

I am thinking of going to Canada and then completing any H1-b work (interviews etc) at a US embassy / consulate in Canada in Toronto ? I have no concerns staying in Canada for a long time since I will be staying with close family in Toronto.

Has anyone else done this ? Am I overlooking anything ? In my original H1-b application submitted by my employer, my address would be my Indian address. Will this have an effect if I chose to conduct any H1-b interviews in Canada ?

Of course this is assuming everything goes right with my H1-b processing and I get called for an interview . But since I am in the process of booking my tickets to Canada, I would like to be prepared in case.

Thank you for your time.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X