Resource Group Acquisition - Need Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resource Group Acquisition - Need Advice

I am on my H1B 6th Year Ending and my H1B valid till 2012 Sep 30 with my Current employer company A Which is a desi consultancy company.

I have a approved I140 with company A. With PD of March 2008. I 140approved in OCT2008
    Cargability - India
    I485 - Not yet filed
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    on March 1st company A announced that they will be merging with company B.

Company B Sent us an E-mail saying that they are acquiring resource group of company A.

When we questioned our old employer company A, they told us that yes company A will remain in existence but all human resources will move to company B All other assets and liabilities will stay with company A.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am in lots of confusion...and questions...heap of troubles it seems...
    Please tell me

1. This Situation can be called/categorized as Aquisition/Merger?
    2. Will my I140 quilified for Successor of Interest if company B is ready to take over and sponcer GC for me?
    3. Or do I need to go thru the whole process of ADS, PERM, I140 path to come to current state?
    4. What happens if my PDate (Old, and assuming that in either case I can port my PD??) is current before company B's I 140 got approved? Can I file I 485 based on my company A I140 As company A still exists???
    Are there any complications involved in this?

5. I am assuming that I am qualified to entitile 3 Year H1B visa with company B based on my company A approved I 140. am I correct?

6. What happens if company A is going for bankruptcy before my H1B transfer?

7. What happens if company A is going for bankruptcy before my I140 approved with company B and port I140 PD?

8. also I heard that Company A may required to pay some amount to the employees(20K ??)? Any idea on this?

help me!!!

Thanks in advance....

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X