Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day-one CPT

Hi Folks,

My H1-B petition got denied after receiving an RFE and the issue was I couldn't get proper information or documentation from client regarding my contracting employment. My employer is planning to file MTR or an appeal if there is a chance of getting a client letter. I'm trying my level best to get the client letter but not sure if they can give me one. Even after I conveying them that I received an RFE, the HR didn't provide any letter as my contract was ending, but later after responding to RFE, they extended my contract for some more time. However, USCIS denied my petition and this year is my last turn for filing H1-B. I don't see any other viable options other than Day One CPT provided I will continue with my job or find a new one. I tried to apply for Canada as well, but lack of enough experience, I wasn't able to get a good comprehensive ranking score, so that option doesn't seem to work out. At the end, I would want to know whether or not Day One CPT is a good option. I'm seeing mixed views on Day One CPT as it's illegal according to USCIS regulations and at the same time people are still opting that route to get benefited in applying for H1-B again. Can someone let me know if this is a good alternative? If not, may I know if there are any other alternatives to stay here and work?

Thank you!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X