Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Visa Interview 221(G) stuck in administrative processing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Interview 221(G) stuck in administrative processing.

Hi All,

Had interview in US consulate Chennai on 9th July with family (spouse, 2 kids) below was the conversation happened in the consulate and finally issued a 221(g).

Questions from Consulate Officer (US Person)
    • What is the company you are going to work in US?
      • <mycompany> systems
    • What’s your company basically do
      • Software services company providing solutions for the system integration, software development and application migrations.
    • Who is the end client and what project?
      • <clientname>
    • Can I see the client letter ?
      • Shown the <mycompany> offer letter
      • And MSA with xxx client
    • What is your company website ?
      • Provided the URL
    • How many employees in your company?
      • 150+ in US
    • Can I see the project description ?
      • Shown and handover the SoW doc

Asked to wait – and I have waited for 1 hour and called by Consulate officer (Indian)
    • What project you are going to work?
      • abcd for <clientname>client
      • What is <clientname>client
        • Also explained about <clientname>
    • Are you going to work for internal project or client project ?
      • Client project
    • When you are in B1 you did mentioned you are working for internal projects
      • Yea, those are all poc what <mycompany> develop for the PoC to get projects in Pipeline and based on those PoC during my B1, we won this <clientname> project and the project is in Development in offshore.
    • Is PoCs u did are tool or ?? what it is really about ?
      • NO, it’s a baseline application or skeleton for any domain/client specific requirements.
    • How long you are working with <mycompany> Systems ?
      • 4 years in India
    • Are you going to work in <clientname> Location or <mycompany> office, what percentage ?
      • <mycompany> Houston office , 100% in <mycompany> location
    • How many people are working in this project in <clientname>?
      • In offshore 8 and in US 2
        • Are they work in client location in US or <mycompany>?
          • Yes
    • What you are specialized in ?
      • I have around 14 year’s experience in Microsoft Web Application Development and Migration projects.
      • Worked in multiple enterprise level Application migration in my current and previous tenures.
    • Why you have to be in US for this project ?
      • Persons who are in client location are account specific role, so I am leading the offshore team and any project development related demos, requirement analysis and development are delayed due to that constraint. So I need be in <mycompany> office to support the person in Client location and offshore team.
    • Can’t you do the same thing here in India ?
      • No, I have been from the design phase of this project, my presence will have good progress on the project development.
      • Also I will be doing some hands on development support when I will be in US.

Asked to wait for – 15 minutes waited – called by the same consulate officer (US person) and issued with 221 G blue slip with no document requested and she did mentioned that case is hold for administrative processing and returned all of our passports.

Any suggestions/help/comment are appreciated. CEAC site shows "Administrative processing"
    Last edited by solairaja; 07-15-2019, 09:27 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X