Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B + H4 Biometric and Visa Interview at Chennai Location

Hello Everyone,

I'm sharing my experience here, as this site really helpful for me to prepare for the interview:
    29th Dec 2019 - Biometeric
    30th Dec 2019 - Visa Interview

29th Dec 2019 - Biometeric
    Our time slot was at 4:00 PM. But we were allowed inside at 3:30 PM itself. There will be security team who will be guiding from the entrance till the token generation room.

PFB list of documents they asked:
    1) Appointment confirmation sheet
    2) DS-160 confirmation page
    3) Passport

Note: Please do not carry mobile phones, laptops, bags

Ones all documents are verified, There will be a security check. Ones done they will stick bar code to the back of your passport, then provide you a token number and guide you to stand in queue.

Token number will be displayed in a T.V screen over there and there will be people to guide to the counter.

Ones went to counter, they will ask for Passport, DS-160 and Appointment confirmation page.

Ones verified, they will take fingerprints of your both hands and photo and put a seal on your DS-160 confirmation page.

This entire process will be completed in 15-20 mins.

30 Dec 2019: Visa Interview

Our slot was 11:15 AM, due to some technical problem in the US Consulate it was delayed by 1 hour. We got in only by 12:30 PM.
    Again there will be big queue and they will again take fingerprints of your hands and direct us to go inside the interview room.

For interview also, there will be big queue but it will move fast and there will be people over there to guide to the counter.

PFB questions were asked during the Interview:
    Is it your fresh H1-B
    Which location you will be working employer/Client
    Which state are you travelling ?
    Asked i797 form
    Asked for client invite letter, but i didn't had, so told i've only MSA/SOW agreement from the client. VO went inside and had discussion and later agreed with MSA/SOW
    Salary per year

For my wife(H4 visa), No Questions were asked

At Last, we heard those golden words "Your Visa is Approved" and it will be ready for pickup in 3-5 days and you will get notified and VO gave us green sheet which contains details of Visa approval and passport collection information and gave us Know your rights pamphlet. Thank you and have a Safe Flight!!!

ME: Thanks a lot! Sir. Happy New Year and Have a nice day.
    VO: Had big smile on his face

Thank you.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X