H1B RFE Status Update Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B RFE Status Update Issue

Hi guys.So I got a job offer at the beginning of this year at a public university doing administrative work and the university sponsored my H1B under premium processing.

LCA was certified on March 5 and H1B petition was filed on March 31. However, I got the specialty occupation REF request on April 2.

My university said they had been working with the attorney to get the additional documents they needed, and the lawyer does not respond to me frequently. They said I am the beneficiary and the university is their client, thus, they will mainly communicate with my university. Based on what my supervisor shared with me, the university had submitted the supporting document to the attorney by the end of April.

I have been checking the USCIS website about my case and the status only says "On March 27, 2020, we sent a request for additional evidence for your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

I noticed under the next steps section it says "We will review your response to our request and mail you our decision". It sounds like they have received the RFE supporting document and they will work on it soon. Anyone has any suggestions on how I can interpret the difference between what the case status and next steps say ? Is it possible that they have received the RFE but just did not update the case status ? Or the next steps will always say they will review the response to their request and mail the decision once an RFE was issued ?

Also, When my case was initially filed under premium processing, I got the RFE notice very quickly. However, since there is no premium processing anymore at the moment, do you think they will continue to process my RFE within 2 weeks since it was filed under premium processing at the beginning or will my case be treated with normal processing time now ?

Thank you for any suggestions guys.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X