Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed. 221G issued for my H4 as my visa stamping is with previous employer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed. 221G issued for my H4 as my visa stamping is with previous employer.

Hi All

Here is my situation.

I have been working in USA for the last 2 years on H1B. I have changed my employer in Dec 2009 and my visa with previous employer is valid through Sep 2010.I got married recently and my wife appeared for H4 visa at new delhi consulate (As hyderabad consulate is under rennovation, they redirected me to new delhi). The VO asked my wife why i am not attending for visa as visa stamping on my passport is with my previous employer. She gave 221g to my wife asking to come along with me next day. I went along with her next day and explained reasons. But she stamped my visa as "cancelled without prejudice" and given my wife 221g to attend in person with all documents,asked me to come for H1 visa (renewal) interview. As my travel dates are nearing and as i couldn't get visa appointment at new delhi (I even tried emergency appointment, But no response from them), i got visa appointment on 17th June at chennai consulate.

My question is can i take my wife along with me to chennai consulate for the visa interview (with 221g given by new delhi consulate) or do i need to send her to new delhi consulate with my new visa stamping at chennai consulate?

Does the cancel stamp on my visa affects my chances of renewal?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sudheer.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X