Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working on H4 visa for non-US based company

Hi,
    I am an indian national, and a Permanent Resident of Singapore. Currently, I am working in Singapore, in a Singapore-based company. I am getting married soon, and my husband to be in working in US on a H1 visa. I am thus planning to apply for my H4 visa at the chennai consulate the day after our wedding.

My question is this:

I understand that I will not be permitted to work in a company registered in the US while I'm on a H4. However, can I continue to work for my current Singapore company from the US? Thus, is it necessary or advisable for me to resign from my current job before applying for the H4 visa? If so, do I need to take any documents to my interview that show that I have resigned?

When I enquired with the US consulate in Singapore, I was told that they are not concerned about my job status in Singapore. As long as I don't work for a US-based company, there's no problem.

However, I am not sure of the rules in the chennai consulate, and I don't wish to take any chances. I would be grateful for immihelp's input on this.

Thank you!
    Anu.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X