X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B to F1 to H1B dropbox eligibility

My visa journey has been
    1. Moved to US in 2013 with H1B stamping
    2. H1B renewed around June July 2015 – renewal but didn’t travel outside US for stamping. Visa expired in May,2018
    3. H1B renewal was applied in April 2018 (based on I140) but I moved to F1 in Jun 2018 to join full time masters. Got F1 stamping from India
    4. Joined a new firm on F1. This firm applied my H1B and it got approved around Feb 2020. Now I am planning to travel to India and get stamping on this Visa.

My answers to dropbox eligibility questions are as below.

Drop box eligibility questions:

1. “Do you have a previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee)?”.
    Technically Yes because I was on H1B before F1

2. “Was your prior H1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) annotated ‘Clearance Received’ or ‘Department Authorization’?“.
    No

3. “Was your most recent visa (in the same class for which you are applying) lost or stolen or cancelled?”.
    No

4. “Have you ever been refused a H-1B (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) visa before?”.
    No

5. “Is your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) still valid?“.
    No as it expired in 2018

6. “Did your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) expire within the last 48 months? Note: Please be sure to select an interview waiver submission date at least 7 calendar days before your visa has been expired 48 months.”

Yes - Expiration date May 2018

7. “Was your most recent H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) issued after January 1, 2008? “.
    Yes

With these answers, I was given a drop box appointment

Specific ask:

Question 1 seems a little tricky, does the ‘previous visa’ mean the one right before the current one or just one of the previous Visas? Is my current H1B considered renewal of my old H1B?

Question 6: My last H1B visa expired in May 2018, but it didn’t have a consulate stamp on it. It was just a renewal of my H1B. Is the answer to question 6 still a yes?

Appreciate your help.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X