Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1B visa stamping -- Questions -- Please help

Hi Immihelp Members,

I am employed with Company A and working as a consultant at their client site B. A & B have direct relationship.Company A is growing company and has headoffice in Virginia and one branch in NYC-Wall street.
    The client site B is a big financial bank in NYC.

I got my H-1B Visa approved in Dec 2010 (Petitioner was Company A). I plan to get my H-1B Visa stamped in the 1st half of this year at Mumbai consulate.I am a bit concerned reading all the H-1B visa stamping issues in this forum in last few months and I spoke about this to my employers.They said I am over-reading stuff and over-thinking. I just have to go to the Consulate and during the interview - just tell them (when asked) I work for Company A.My profile is so and so and my responsibilities etc. And no need to mention about the Client.

This got me confused. The client as I mentioned is a big financial bank. I was assuming that if I mention the client name in the interview, it would make my case strong and my stamping would be done. Also, I don't understand what responsibilities I can state for my profile in Company A because I work at their client site B and my work responsibilities are related to client site.

I have the below questions:

1) Why the client name shouldn't be mentioned as per my employer (inspite of the client being a big name)?
    2) Is it sufficient to get the visa just by mentioning the Employer name. Employer is small and growing. I was concerned about the 221(g) slips issued to many applicants for various reasons during visa stamping.
    3) If at all I get my visa stamped without any hassles, what should be my port of entry in US (Washington DC-Virginia or NY-NJ). I ask because my employer head office is in Virginia and in pay stubs the address mentioned is Virginia whereas I live and work in NY-NJ area.

My record is clean. I did my MS in US from a reputed university.

I understand that a lot depends on luck but I would really appreciate if someone can answer my queries.

Thanks a ton.
    Last edited by ashesdodo; 01-13-2011, 01:48 PM. Reason: had to add few points

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X