Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unauthorized Employment While on H1-B

Hello,

I have been in the USA for 2 years on an H1-B visa. Over the last 10 months, I have engaged in unauthorized employment. I continue to work for my original H1-B petitioner, but I have also been working on the side on a 1099 basis.

I have worked a few days a month for the past 10 months as a 1099 sub contractor.

I have taken a new job in a new state. The new job is sponsoring a new H1-B for me and will sponsor a green card on my first day of employment. My new H1-B was recently filed (with premium processing).

Here are my questions:

1. Will my new H1-B visa petition be rejected?

2. Is there anyway that USCIS will not find out I have violated the terms of my first H1-B?

3. If my U.S. citizen fiance I had a court marriage done, and he submits an I-130 and I-485 (along with a 1-785), could this solve the problem? Could I work using my EAD status, if granted?

4. Is there any way to remedy the situation? Is this a common violation? Will I be deported and barred from entry because of it?

I know I need to seek the help of a good immigration attorney. I will do that. In the meantime, Im asking for advice from anyone on this forum. What am I to do? Did I screw myself over royally?

Your responses are appreciated greatly!!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X