Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H-1b criteria not met. Can I use Master's degree credits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1b criteria not met. Can I use Master's degree credits?

I am currently here on F-1 status. I entered on a J-1 visa and was here for a year before quitting my employer to go to school full time. Now I have found a different employer that I have been working for the past couple of months using CPT. I still go to school full time for my masters degree, and work full time which means my schedule is always packed.(I don't know how my schedule being packed is relevant here. )

Now, my employer wants me to get on the H-1 visa and is willing to sponsor me for it. The problem is that I am not eligible for an H-1 visa because i only have a 3 year bachelor's degree from India and 2 years and 8 months of work experience. I will have 3 years of work experience in February so I am assuming that is the earliest I can file for my H-1B visa.

Is there any way that I can apply for an H-1B right now? Perhaps using credits from my Masters degree to meet the education and/or work experience requirement? I have 12 credits so far from my master's degree. I do not have a problem waiting until february but my only concern is that the visa quota may run out by February and I will not be able to apply until next october. My CPT will not last until next October there will be a period of about 5 months that I will not be employed and I want to avoid that.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X