Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Husband on Cap Exempt H1b visa going 2 B2 & then Cap Subject H1B,Spouse with Visitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husband on Cap Exempt H1b visa going 2 B2 & then Cap Subject H1B,Spouse with Visitors

Hello Friends,
    I am an Indian Physician in Residency training on a Cap Exempt (Academic training) H1B visa which expires in June 30,2012. I am moving onto a Cap Subject For Profit employer on H1 B from Oct, 1st 2012 on the coming year's visa with H1 B application on April 1, 2012.

So there is a gap in my H1 B employment from July, 1,2012 to Sept, 30th, 2012.

(I have never been on Cap subject H1B visa before.)

I want to stay in USA after residency end in June 2012 and before my next H1B will start from Oct 1st, 2012. I have to take board exams in August 2012. What are the options available with me to stay in the US legally?

I want to bring my wife with me from Feb, 2012 in USA with me. She has currently 10 year Multiple entry US Visitors Visa.

Given the fact that, I myself will be having a gap of 3 months in my H1B status. WHat will you suggest is the best route to take? TO bring her on H4 dependent visa in Feb, 2012 -then convert to B2 with me in July - Sept, 2012 and then again an H4 from OCt 1st for her? Or She can come to USA on Visitors visa (which she already has in her passport) , and then later on
    change to H 4 when I have my next H1 B approved / filed?

What are the pros and cons of the approach? I do not want to have any problems in future immigration for me and my wife. Wife is also a IT Professional and will be later seeking to go on her own H1B eventually when she finds a good job offer on H1b. We want to take the safest route possible even if it may mean going slow but will do things right from the beginning.

Thank you.
    Stay on Visitors and Convert to H 4 with new approved H1B
    0%
    H4 first, then Visitors and again H 4
    0%
    Go from Visitors to her own H1 B if possible to get a job
    0%
    H4 first, go back to India, Come back with New H4 stamped in Passport on Oct 1st, 2012.
    0%

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X