Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Stamping Hyderabad Consulate

Hi,

I want to share my experience with US consulate at Hyderabad.

I am on EAD (I am the primary applicant of my GC EB3) and my spouse GC (EB2) got current and suppose to file 485 in Jan'12. Their lawyer prepared all the document to file 485 and sent to us for signature. After that he asked me to go and get H4 that will be easy to file with my spouse's GC as I am on EAD I may get quires. I have no other option than go for H4. Immediately I took appointment for interview at Hyderabad consulate. I submitted my papers 3 days before at VFS office. My visa interview was on 24th Jan'12. VO asked couple of questions like what my spouse company do, do I have any work experience then VO looked at the H1B approval letter and asked whether GC filed as he was A# on my spouse’s H1B approval. I said yes and he asked me copy of I-140 I said I don't have. Immediately VO gave me yellow slip and asked me to submit I-140 copy. The moment I left the window I realized that the I-140 copy in the bunch of H1B extension papers immediately I went back to same window but the VO said he can't spare any time. I came out of consulate and submitted the I-140 copy at VFS office same day. 30th evening I got E-mail from VFS office to submit my passport to continue my visa process. Similar E-mail I got from consulate on 31st morning. I submitted my passport on 31st Jan'12. On 6th Feb'12 I got mail from VFS that my passport is ready for pickup same day I picked up my passport at VFS office.

Earlier I had visa stamping 4 times from Chennai consulate I never had this kind of experience. I never know there will a 221g form. This is the first time I experienced at Hyderabad consulate. During my wait time I went through the immihalp.com and there is lot of information on 221g. There are success stories as well as failure stories. My only hope was I am applying for H4 and my spouse got H1 stamping in June’11 at Hyderabad consulate that way I may get my stamping without problem. Luckily mine got done in 8 business days.

I reached Hyderabd on 19th morning and I supposed to come back on 31st but due to 221g I returned on 8th Feb'12

Thanks
    Last edited by rpd773; 02-14-2012, 01:14 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X