Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B transfer in 6th year with approved I-140

Hello,
    I have a very important issue that I need some expert advice about. My case is as below.

I’ve been on H1-B since October, 2007. After the first three years, I got a renewal and got an extension until July, 2013(don’t know why it is not until end of September as that’s when my 6 hours would end).

I filed my green card in May, 2011 and my I-140 was recently approved(about 4 months ago).

Now, my client(I work as a consultant) has offered me a full time job and I am planning to accept the offer. But, before I make a decision, I would like to know my options and this is where I was hoping I could get some sound advice.

Is it advisable to change employers at this stage of my green card process?

If I get my h1-B transferred, will it be renewed for 3 years since I have an approved I-140 from my current employer? Or will it be until the original period i.e. July, 2013?

I do know that after changing employers, I get to keep my priority date but I’ll have to file a fresh labor and I-140 and also that this has to be done before 365 days from H1-B expiry(not sure if this applies to h1-b transfer with approved I-140).

Now, if the transfer is approved and I am not extended for 3 more years and end up getting approval until July, 2013 only(original), what are my options? Can I still file fresh labor since I’ll be in violation of the 365 days rule?

Your advice is greatly appreciated! It’ll help me make some crucial professional and personal decisions.

Thanks!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X