Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F1 visa stamping in foreign country (country of birth)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 visa stamping in foreign country (country of birth)

I have a question regarding F1 visa stamping at a consulate in a foreign country (UAE - my birthplace)

I have been working with Company A since 2008 in the US on a H1B visa. The I-94 was valid till Dec 16 2014, On April 2014, I moved to Company B with a H1B transfer receipt notice. My 6yrs term on H1 expires on Jan 30 2015. On Dec 4th 2014, I filed for a Change of Status to F1 visa to pursue higher studies here in the US. On Dec 22nd 2014 I receive a denial notice on my H1B transfer case. Now, awaiting F1 approval.

I was born in United Arab Emirates and have a Indian Passport, most of my education was done in India. My parents and sibling still continue to live in the United Arab Emirates.

Questions:
    1. Can I go for a consular interview in the US consulate of Dubai for my F1 visa stamping? I will be traveling to Dubai on a visit visa sponsored by my father.

2. What are the chances that my F1 would come with a revised I-94 date? keeping in mind the F1 was applied before the I94 expiry date and the H1 transfer was denied.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X