Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is better-Change job during OPT / Change after getting H1-B?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is better-Change job during OPT / Change after getting H1-B?

Hello!

I am in a dilemma. I am currently on F1-STEM-OPT and I have 2 more attempts to try for the H1-B. My company had offered me a position X (which was why I took this Job) and after that position got canceled due to delayed projects, they offered me position Y which I do not like to do. I gave some time to it thinking that I might start liking it but it doesn't seem to work! Now, the month being July, I have time till the next H1-B application. My question is- Should I wait for the company to file H1-B and then leave or leave now and ask my new employer to file H1-B? (I don't have any offers as of now) What is the best option?

Also, I have already changed jobs previously, this will be my second change in 1 year of working (under OPT). Is changing so frequently going to be a problem? Now that I seriously don't see any point working here, I desperately want to change but I do not want to compromise on my H1-B visa too. So, is an H1 transfer easier than requesting the company to file H1?

PS. In The next company I go, I will stay there till they process my green card.

Thanks for reading.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X