Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreturned white I-94 in passport, but departure is recorded online, what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreturned white I-94 in passport, but departure is recorded online, what to do?

Hi guys,

This is regarding the white I-94 form that I forgot to return at the border while travelling back from U.S. to Canada via the Windsor-Detroit border last year.

I'm an Indian international student/worker from Windsor, Canada that graduated last May and travelled to the U.S. on May 30, 2015 for 3 months to visit my dad there while waiting for my post-graduation Canadian work permit. I crossed the Windsor-Detroit border as usual, to take a flight from Detroit to the west coast, and returned back to Canada via the same route in August 2015.

I then travelled to India from Canada in September 2015, and am still here, vacationing at home in India before returning to Canada in May/June 2016 and starting to work. However, I just saw the white I-94 form in my passport that had validity only upto November 29, 2015. And that freaks me out.

I did the same mistake in 2014, but that time, I was able to return the I-94 to the Canadian border office in Windsor while it was still valid, and the officer asked no questions. This time, I'm in India and the card has already expired. Which means they'd think I'm still in the US. Which is a huge problem. And reading the internet, I realize I need to mail the card to some address in Ohio with proof that I left the US.

However, I just came across their official site where I entered my information, and I see that they have RECORDED my entry and exit, both, as follows:

Departure 2015 August 22
    Arrival 2015 May 30 DCT - DETROIT, WINDSOR TUNNEL

Does that mean I should not bother anymore? What do I do with the I-94 card? Should I still mail it to them? Or should I just take it easy and return it to them when I go back to Windsor in May/June at their border office like last time?

Also, I wonder why is the "port of entry/exit" field missing under departure?

Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you so much.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X