B1/B2 Administrative Processing due to TAL- timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 Administrative Processing due to TAL- timeline

I applied for a B1/B2 visa 2 years ago and because I'm a biochemist, falling under the Technology Alert List, I was put under Administrative Processing 221 (g). It took 2 weeks for my visa to be approved. I sent my passport in, and got it back with the visa within a week or so. The visa was valid for less than one year, which isn't what I was expecting (usually Indians get a 10 year visa).

I applied for another B1/B2 as the previous one expired a year ago, with plans to visit my sister-in-law and her family in the US. Once again, my application was put under AP (apparently once wasn't enough). I was expecting it to be approved in 2 weeks like last time, but this time it has been about 4 weeks and there haven't been any updates at all with my status. Does anyone know how long they're taking in such cases these days?

Also, does anyone know if I will again get a short-term visa or will they give me a 10-year visa this time? Its such a hassle having to keep re-applying while my husband holds a 10-year visa!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X