Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help...VISA denied in Sydney. How long for Visa Waiver of Ineligibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help...VISA denied in Sydney. How long for Visa Waiver of Ineligibility?

Long story short my husband got caught smoking a joint 26 years ago, went to court and paid a fine. Squeaky clean since then.

He has previously been issued a Visa Waiver of Ineligibility but it's expired.

He had a Visa interview a few weeks ago and we knew it would be denied. The interviewer even thought it was ridiculous but has said they will apply for the Visa Waiver of Ineligibility on his behalf. We are just waiting on the Federal Police check to send in so the application can be sent (they told us just to bring a national one even when I called and double checked but that's another story &#128545
    So I'm an idiot and thought that since he's been issued one before that it would be a fairly quick process. Now I'm reading that it could take 6-8 months.
    Is this true. I've found conflicting information on processing times depending on the way the application was done.
    I'm having a heart attack because I'm an idiot and have booked a trip to the US for the end of January. I've paid extra for the cancel for any reason travel insurance so I can get my money back, but this is supposed to be our kids Christmas present and it's also the only time we can go since my oldest will be starting Uni.

I'm really hoping that someone has been through this process before and has a ray of hope for me.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X