Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one really accepts travelers insurance

Atlas America (First Health PPO)

No one really accepts travelers insurance, i tried couple of In-Network primary physicians and urgent care but they all denied accepting the insurance.

I got the Atlas America Comprehensive Plan for visiting parents and unfortunately my mother had severe fever, i ended up looking for In-Network providers and visiting them but none would accept insurance. i made sure i am not calling this a Travel Insurance stating First Health while talking to the billing department. However when i visited the provider they denied accepting and i paid from my pocket

It seems buying an insurance is just not worth as none of the providers ready to accept, the only options seems to go ER. Below are the some of the providers who denied.

Provider number 1481119
    Provider number 1479877
    Provider number 1964080
    Provider number 3125551 (Urgent Care)

Do you suggest to go ER? if none are accepting or will i ever know who does?

Network

A doctors office is like a small business. Since plans for visitors are not going to pay for everything (like a domestic insurance) then the doctors office would prefer that you pay and file a claim for reimbursement. As long as you are going to them for a new illness or injury then you will be reimbursed. All you have to do is file a claim to get your money back.
    This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X