Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-applying B2 visa for my widow mom.

Hi,

I am planning to apply for my mom's B2 visa who is a widow, and all her children live out of the country. She has traveled to Australia twice. Her first application was rejected on the grounds of lack of strong ties to her home country.

Last time I applied I was on OPT, this time around I am on a green card. Does this make her case weaker?

As I am filling in DS-160, I am thinking of ways as to how can I make her case stronger from the get-go. Here are some ideas that I have in mind, to make her case stronger, please let me know if these strategies are any better:
    1. Under the question "Have you made any specific travel plans?" I plan to give the names of three cities/states that we plan to visit. I would like her to experience American holiday and Christmas season. (I selected no for this question last time)
    2. I plan to give a duration of two months for her stay. (I gave the duration as 3 months in her previous application.)
    3. Under the question "Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, or been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?" After mentioning Yes, I want to mention that she owns a house, has all her siblings in the country, and relies on her income from fixed deposits. (Last time at the interview, she couldn't mention any of these.)
    4. This time around I want to pay for her trip. (We selected paying myself last time)

Please share your thoughts on these answers.

Thank you!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X