Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ties to home country - unmarried sister/ online entrepreneur

Situation:
    I and my husband are permanent residents. My rest of family stays in India and includes mom (who has B2 visa), dad and unmarried sister. My dad is retired and sister is a learning & communication coach with a high online presence (~400K Insta followers) and also coaches students in person. My sister and dad are planning for US b2 visa, and sister will sponsor the trip. They don't own any home as home is registered to my grandmother's name

Question/Dilemma:
    There may be likely scrutiny on my sister's intent to return back to India after visit. Esp since my sister does not have a corporate job. her online presence may infact raise suspicion that the same "online" work can be done through US. Looking for suggestions to respond to questions on ties to home country. Some ideas i have considered:
    - Large base of india based students who need to be tutored in-person (need to harp on the need for local presence and local need)
    - Social ties (including boyfriend)
    - Professional ambition to expand tuition base in future in India and be affiliated to local institutions

Any suggestions on how else can we tell the story? Other's who have experienced the same?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X