Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

South African living in the US with Belgian husband. Visa question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South African living in the US with Belgian husband. Visa question.

Goodness guys so, I'm really not one to post in forums, so forgive me for any bad forum etiquette.

It's Sunday night, I'm impatient to wait until the embassy opens tomorrow. I also kind of figure why not? I don't have the best experience asking embassies super specific questions anyway and yes, as a South African who has been out of SA since I was 10, moving around constantly, I do have a decent amount of experience dealing with embassies and visas...

Is it bad forum etiquette to ramble? :/ Sorry.

To get to the point I've been married to my Belgian husband for 10 years. We've never lived in Belgium as neither of us want to. However he does have family there and is very often going back to see them. When we both lived in Europe, I had a European visa due to us being married, obviously with that, I could come and go through European countries with no problem. However, now that we're in America, we're in a situation where if he goes back to Europe to see his family, I need to apply for a visa (tedious process, payment, no spur of the moment-ness possible) in order to go with him each time. He also travels to Europe a lot for work and it'd be nice to join him sometimes.

Anyway, we've been wondering, as we've been married and for 10 years at that, is there a visa that exists wherein its "visitor" only but long lasting? Long-term family member tourist/ or visiting visa?

A thanks in advance if you read through my post, hoping someone can shed some light.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X