Visitor Insurance from Indian Pvt Companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Insurance from Indian Pvt Companies

Hey .. This is for benifit of all indian commnunity looking for visitor medical insurance.

I have reaserched on Indian Pvt Medical Insurance companies for visitor insurance. They are Icici Lombard and Tata AIG. I am not able to attach their main policy documents to this thread because of size issue.

Main points -
    Both companies polcies are comprehesive only till age of 55. From age 56-70 both turns to fixed coverage. I have found that agents of these companies in India donot know this or do not tell this. Their fixed coverage is slightly higher than visitor care (fixed) plan of IMG. e.g. Surgical is $3000 in visitor care and $10000 in Icici or tata. Like wise all item limits are slightly higher.
    Claim procedures -
    Both companies have similar procedures. Both have toll free numbers in US. Both pick up phones anytime you call.
    In case of Icici call goes to delhi. In case tata call goes to their agent/administartor in US called American International.
    In both companies polcies all doctor visits are to be paid upfront by us and later send claim to their offices. In case of icici its delhi, in case of tata its mumbai.
    In case of hospitalisation once you call toll free, they will talk to service provider and try to convience them for direct payment. If they accept then good, otherwise same as doctor visit. You have to pay upfront and claim later. Most likely service provider may not accept direct payment from icici as call goes to delhi!
    If you need any more information, feel free to write to me!
    Yashwant

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X