Back in March 2020 I filed my I-751 with a waiver due to the fact that my husband and I separated. I submitted all my documents and received a notice 2 weeks later for my 18 month extension.
I received an email notification in August 2021 that an RFE was sent to me but I never received it. I filed online twice to let uscis know but I got no response. Each time I called, I was told that I would have to write a written letter to The Nebraska service center with any questions I had because they couldn’t be answered on the phone- even when I asked where the RFE was mailed to or what it was about.
Due to covid, we just finalized our divorce in October 2021.
Since my extension expired, I was able to get an Infopass appointment to get my I-551 stamp and also ask about my case. The officer I saw in the field office literally told me she doesn’t know why, but she cannot locate the RFE on my case or any information to give me and advised that I put in a request through the FOIA (freedom of information act) portal and that might be the only way to get the RFE. Luckily, my passport was stamped with the I-551. I also mailed over my final divorce decree and another request to receive my RFE.
Has anyone else been in this boat? I’m scared that I May be in denial proceedings and I don’t know because I cannot get any information.
As a green card holder, how long can you stay outside the US in a given year- is it 6 months out of the 12 months in a year, or 6 months at a time (which could amount to more than 6 months total in the year)? Thank you for any responses.
Update on my I-751; APPROVED !!!.... BOSTON OFFICE
Below is my timeline :
July 7, 2021 New Card Is Being Produced
June 3, 2021 We scheduled an interview for your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.
June 1, 2021 We are ready to schedule your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, for an interview.
December 17, 2020 We transferred your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, to another USCIS office that now has jurisdiction over your case.
December 16, 2020 Your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, was transferred to another office for processing.
July 14, 2020 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, were taken.
June 24, 2020 We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.
Due to COVID 19 Pandemic cannot go back to USA from vacation since Jan 2020
My wife & I are Filipino citizens with green card who went on vacation to Manila, Philippines last Jan 2020 & planned to go back to the US in May. Due to the PANDEMIC our children, my daughter who is an American citizen & practicing doctor and another daughter Doctor practicing in the Philippines advised that we should stay in MANILA for our protection because we are now both senior and prone to COVID 19 virus infection. What shall we do so that we will not lost our green card and stay in Manila until it's safe to travel & go back to the US. Would appreciate any comments or advise Thank you very much
l am naturalized Japanese citizen. I have my interview for green card in few weeks. The interview letter mentioned to bring my birth certificate. Since l naturalized l don’t have birth certificate any more but l have Japanese family registration with me that’s what we use in Japan for any kind of process. Is anyone know that it would be ok to bring translated my Japanese family registration?
My case was received 01/30/2019
Last update case transferred to another office on March 2020. Does anyone know what this means please? My 18 months extension is about to expire and I can’t find my passport and expired conditional green card (I believe my ex husband took them during divorce process— he was just really mean). Anyway, does anyone know what case transferred to another office mean? And I’m a college student, can I still go to college and work if my extension expires. I don’t have a passport to get the stamp on— with everything closed I can’t get another one. And my home country embassy sucks anyway. Any advice will be appreciated please
LPR Since - 09/29/2018
Travelled outside US without re-entry permit from 11/04/2018 until 07/29/2019
Admitted back to US on 20/07/2019 without any questioning
Travelled outside US without re-entry permit again from 07/25/2019 until 07/29/2019
Admitted back to US on 29/07/2019 (with stamp "I-131 travel document advised)
Travelled outside US without re-entry permit again due to family emergency from 08/04/2019 until present
Since our family emergency issue has now been resolved me and my spouse (who is US citizen) are planning to go back to US in Feb 2020.
When I last entered US on 29/07/2019, I was told by the CBP officer to get re-entry permit or get SB-1 Visa before coming back to US next time however, due to family emergency we had to depart US immediately on 04/08/2019 so I couldn't get re-entry permit and this month when I applied for returning resident visa (SB-1) I was informed by the consulate that I'm not eligible for this visa as I have not been outside US for more than 12 months.
Can anyone please advise based on their personal experience if I can go back to US next month without obtaining SB-1 Visa or not ?
Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.