Welcome, Guest | My Profile | Tracker Home |
Fiance Visa - K1/K2/K3/K4 Experience     All experiences
Experience Home

jronji     07/06/2018 09:11 AM


I submitted my I-129F application to get approved for the K1-visa this week.
I just found out that my fiance was divorced 6 years ago. I submitted her marital status as being single.
 What do I need to do to correct my application?


 Reply  Subscribe

MadamB     01/10/2019 15:20 PM

hey how did u apply?


bladi     06/03/2019 23:55 PM

SINGLE is correct. K-1 is fiance, Fiance has no basis in LAW - it's just an agreement/relation. In short it has no official paper trail if you call it OFF.

If you listed she was single and never married, you can wait for them to send the I-797C Notice of Action and you can do an update.

if you listed she was divorced- you submit her divorce decree. If you did not, at some point they will ask for it.


Disclaimer: Please note that the views presented above are from individual visitors to our website and we do not endorse them in any way and you should interpret them at entirely your own risk as we are not liable or responsible in any manner for you using any of the information presented above. Your individual experiences may vary and you should not take any decision solely based on the views posted here by the visitors to our website.

Atlas America Insurance Visitors Insurance Safe Travels for Visitors to the USA Insurance