First, I wish everyone stays safe as these are challenging times for everyone.
1) Only 2 passport size photographs. Pasted one on the first page of the application and another on change of appearance form.
2) Added spouse name to my passport: No need to send any certificate as Annexure E is for that purpose where we acknowledge family person names.
3) Used CKGS shipping option as it is better compared to self posting.
4) Used Notary service in UPS
5) I sent my US driver's license (UPS Notarized) and an Indian Adhaar card copy (Self Notarized). Strictly adhere to the checklist and you won't have any issues.
Mar 11, 2020 - Wednesday: 4:32 PM: Application ‘Received’ by CKGS and 'Not Verified'.
Mar 16, 2020 - Monday: 9:49 AM: Application Verification is ‘Complete’. The processing of your application will continue.
Mar 16, 2020 - Monday: 5:01 PM : Application is ‘Under Process’ at CKGS.
Mar 17, 2020 - Tuesday: 9:44 AM: Application is 'In Transit' to the Embassy.
Mar 17, 2020 - Tuesday: 10:30 AM: Application is 'Under Process' at Embassy for decision making.
Mar 19, 2020 - Thursday: 11:54 AM: Application 'Reviewed' by Embassy and ‘In Transit’ to CKGS Application Centre.
Mar 19, 2020 - Thursday: 11:56 AM: Passport ‘Received’ at the CKGS application centre and is at the ‘Sorting Facility’ where it is being processed for delivery.
Mar 19, 2020 - Thursday: 12:02 PM: Passport picked up by FedEx.
You are subscribed to receive updates for this experience.
All Replies (2)
Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.