For visitors, travel, student and other international travel medical insurance.

Visit or call +1 (866) INSUBUY or +1 (972) 985-4400

Fiance Visa - K1/ K2/ K3/ K4

All Experiences
Fields marked as * are required.

Subject is required.

Comment is required.

By submitting this post, you agree to Terms of Use.

Experience is successfully added.

F1 on OPT - Name Change for GC Application
I am F1 on OPT that will expire on May 19th this year. I just got married and want to file the GC application. I have a question about the name change. I have court case for March 20th for changing my last name, however, I am afraid to wait and file GC then as that is cutting too close to my EAD expiration date. I would like to file now so I get my work visa prior to expiration of my EAD on May 19th. However, I already paid name change fee. I am not really sure what to do. Anyone been in this situation before? I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks
All Replies (0)


Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.