Just wanted to share my H1B VISA experience @ Mumbai.
I reached the VFS office @ 0630 hours. My interview was at 0830 hours. I had Mahalaxmi Mata's Darshan and went to the VFS office at 0645. I encourage everyone to adopt the VFS Stars & Stripes Lounge service for Rs 275 each. I did have the Stars & Stripes coupons I needed to reach the VFS just 30 minutes before but I was so nervous since last couple of months I reached there almost 2 hours before. I stood in line for an hour and half then I was called into the Lounge we had a seat and were said there was a 45 minute delay in the embassy office so by the time I boarded the Stars & Stripes bus it was 0900.
Once I reached the embassy office I was standing in a seperate line as I have the Lounge facility we made to stand in seperate small queue which was very cool. Soon there was security check and then it took 15 minutes in line to get the finger prints. Everybody will be ten printed. Soon after my finger prints were done I took a seat and within 3 minutes my token number was called by te VO. You will get the token number just before standing in line for finger prints. I went to counter number 11 the VO was looking at some papers and asked me to get in..then the interview:
1) Which company are you working for?
Ans: I told the name of the company (I work full time for a American company no vendor nothing so that was cool)
2) The VO looked at the location where I worked and said "I live 5 minutes from your work place ain't that good?? we both are from same place" I said great.
3) He looked at my passport and looked at my F1 VISA and asked did you study in USA?
4) What is the degree?
Ans: Masters in Electrical Engineering.
5) Which University?
Ans: University of Bridgeport, CT
6) How was your experience at Bridgeport?
Ans: It was great.
7) Did the Degree help you in this Job?
Ans: I said yes very much because of the degree I'm having this job.
8) What is your role in the project?
Ans: I said...blah blah blah...
9) VO said the company you work for is a very prestigious company my Dad used to work there. Your VISA has been approved and your passport will be courierd. Good Luck.
Thats it my friends if you have any questions feel free to email me the interview is very easy most of the times be confident and I wish you all good luck for the interview.
Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.