I am a Canadian PR living in Toronto and attempted L1A blanket appointment on Jan 15. Here is my experience (excluding my spouses L2 experience) :
1) Got initial date in March at Ottawa. Kept on retrying and same day got date for 15 Jan. Tried in mid Dec
2) At the visa counter, had initial hiccups as the documents were not appropriately arranged. Also, instead of 3 copies of G28 form, my package only had 1 copy. Luckily the paper which the authority gave me mentioned that G28 was optional. His anger dissipated after I could point that out.
3) Next was fingerprints
4) Now Visa Interview - chill guy but was trying to throw googlies like -
A) What’s your designation - Associate, Sr Associate? Obviously, it was written as Manager and I replied Manager.
B) He had access to all my previous details in his system. He asked - You will be based out of City A? I used to work out it City A in my previous stint in US. In my current stint I am going to City B. So, I told him no City B. He replied saying but earlier you were in City A. I said yes sir and we moved on.
C) He had started with asking my role. I had memorized the bullet points in to-to. So after vomiting out the first bullet itself he moved on to next question.
D) Other easy questions like how many reportees, salary, do you have hire and fire authority which were mostly 1 word or yes / no answers.
5) Status changed to Admin Processing later in the day
6) On Jan 16 Morning, status changed to Issued.
Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.