Hello Guys! My F-1 visa interview at Toronto US consulate got cancelled earlier this month. It was initially scheduled for 20th July. Consequently, I had to defer my PhD admission to spring 2021. Any one in the same boat? Any update on when the US embassy/consulates may reopen for visa? FYI, my next appointment date is on 16th October and I really hope by then US embassy/consulates will resume regular operation. Thanks!
Hello, I have scheduled a H1b extension stamping on November 2nd, 2020 in Toronto. With Covid situation my company gave me work from home till year end. I have my family mates in Canada and I want to stay with them. I do see there are few dates available in August-2020, Ottawa. I recently heard that Immigration is closed till year end. Can I go for H1b extension stamping to Canada in August ? If I can go, can I submit new DS-160 and take print out to the visa office ? Any suggestions please...
Using AVR for soft landing with submitted DS-160 application
I had a change of status from F1 to H1B and didn't leave the country anytime since I arrived in the states. I had my canadian pr application approved and copr expires in september. I submitted ds-160 and paid the fees, but I'm unable to schedule an appointment with thr consulate as of now. I came across AVR option on this site and I wonder if I can still use it to finish the "soft landing". I'm asking since I paid the application fees (but appointment is not scheduled) and not sure whether I can use AVR.
Can anybody help me?. Due to COVID-19, my current visa appointment got canceled at Calgary and I book a new appointment in Toronto.
Looks like I can't change the new location on the existing DS-160 application number or at least I don't see that option?.
Do I have to create a new DS-160 for the appointment? If I do, my concern is I got an email confirmation with new consulate location with an old DS-160 application number, and what happens if the number doesn't match?
what's the next step?
Quick question about getting an F1 visa stamped in Toronto, Canada. Is this possible?
I'm currently in the US on H1 and wish to get F1 stamped. But the Indian consulates are closed, and hence I'm considering this move. Does anyone know any better?
Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.